Emily Davenport, M.A., ATR-BC, LCAT
I help women change the story of their emotional health and wellness by offering accessible and holistic solutions to address chronic stress, anxiety, depression, trauma and relationship struggles.
My approach opens doors to a myriad of integrative and evidence-based philosophies allowing multiple pathways to support healing and growth.
In 2006, I found myself on a Zen Buddhist meditation retreat while studying abroad in Tokyo, Japan. Back then, I was an art student with an ever-growing passion for helping others. Upon graduating with my BFA from Pratt Institute, I followed my desire to use art and mindfulness within a therapeutic space. I ended up pursuing a Master's Degree in Art Therapy from New York University where studied under mindfulness-oriented Art Therapists in acute psychiatric settings.
Since then, as you can see below in the experience portion of my bio, I've been practicing as a Licensed, Registered & Board Certified Art Therapist in renowned clinical settings. To stay adept at cutting-edge treatment practices, I've also completed over two-years of intensive Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) training in addition to training in Mindfulness, meditation, Trauma-Informed Care and integrative treatment practices. Along with my identity as an Art Therapist, I offer my ever-growing wisdom and knowledge as a meditator, artist, nature-enthusiast and fellow empath.
I offer free 20-minute phone consultations, accept Aetna & Cigna insurance (out of network) and private pay. Call (917) 538-2934, or email me to talk more about what you're looking for and how I can help.
- M.A., Art Therapy, New York University
- 2.5-years of intensive Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) training, Treatment Implementation Collaborative with Dr. Shari Manning PhD. *All DBT training from Linehan Board Certified clinicians
- 100+ hours of continuing education focused on: Mindful Psychotherapy, Expressive & Integrative Therapies, Trauma-Informed Care and Couples and Family Therapy from the Ackerman Institute for The Family
MINDFULNESS TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Mindfulness meditation retreat experience in Japan & New York
- Completion of an 8-Week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course, Mindful Harlem
- Core Mindfulness Skills training as part of intensive DBT Training, Treatment Implementation Collaborative
- 3-years teaching Mindfulness Skills to children and teens
- 5-year personal meditation practice
- NYS Licensed Creative Arts Therapist; #001508
- Nationally Registered & Board Certified Art Therapist; #12-002
- Psychotherapist / Licensed Art Therapist, Linda Garcia-Rose & Associates, New York, NY
- Licensed Art Therapist, Renfrew Center for Eating Disorder Treatment; IOP & Day Treatment Programs, New York, NY
- Psychotherapist / Licensed Art Therapist, New Hope Mental Health Counseling Center, Queens, NY
- Licensed Art Therapist / Recreation Therapist, New York City Children's Center; Intensive Day Treatment, Bronx, NY
- Licensed Art Therapist / Recreation Therapist, Bronx Psychiatric Center; Transitional Living Residence, Bronx, NY
- Graduate Art Therapy Intern, Four Winds Hospital; Child, Adolescent & Adult Inpatient Units, Katonah, NY
- Graduate Art Therapy Intern, Jewish Board of Family & Children's Services; IHB Day Treatment, Brooklyn, NY
- Art Therapy Volunteer, The Children's Village, Dobbs Ferry, NY